Monday, January 7, 2013

WoW Interview and Indie Speed Run

So here's some stuff.


My interview was just posted on WoW Insider. I talk a little about my contest entry and what makes a good environment artist. I also own up to my deep dark secret: not actually playing WoW, something I intend to fix in the near future...

If you like the article, Jess and Peter's interviews are well worth reading, too.



Here's some hand practice. I didn't get it until tonight because I was.....dum dum! Making a game all weekend. I joined Jordan, Jon, and Adam for IndieSpeedRun. It was my first jam in over a year, so I was rusty to say the least.

The art I was going for falls somewhere between Every Day the Same Dream and Thirty Flights of Loving (both excellent, excellent games). Going low-res 3d + pixel art allowed me to do modeling, texturing, and half a dozen character animations in 48 hours without going batshit crazy. Overall, the game is a nifty foray into DDR-style rabble-rousing. Rally the people! Just don't say the wrong thing.

You can play it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment